Welcome to the
Prince Edward Island Marathon
Presented by Scotiabank
We look forward to hosting you again in 2016 for the 13th annual Prince Edward Island Marathon on October 14 - 16, 2016. To register, please click here!
Browse through our website for details about each race category, participant swag, pace bunnies, weekend schedule, expo, registration, volunteering, and more!
Marathon Weekend schedule
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14
- 12:00 PM- 6:00 PM Marathon Expo Murphy's Community Center
- 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM Race Kit Pick Up Murphy's Community Center
- 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM On-Site Registration Murphy's Community Center
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15
- 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM Marathon Expo Murphy's Community Center
- 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM Race Kit Pick Up Murphy's Community Center
- 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM On-Site Registration Murphy's Community Center
- 9:00 AM - Running Room 3K Friendship Run Running Room Charlottetown
- 9:15 AM - 10:00 AM Panther Cub School Program UPEI Alumni Canada Games Place
- 10:00 AM - 10:45 AM Kids Spud Run On-Site Registration UPEI Alumni Canada Games Place
- 11:00 AM - First heat, kids ages 6 - 14, 2 laps UPEI Alumni Canada Games Place
- 11:15 AM - Second heat, kids ages 5 and under, 1 lap UPEI Alumni Canada Games Place
- 4:30 PM - Pasta Dinner Seating #1 Olde Dublin Pub
- 6:00 PM - Pasta Dinner Seating #2 Olde Dublin Pub
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16
- 7:00 AM Buses Depart for National Park Start Line, Confederation Center Entrance Queen St
- 8:00 AM Full Marathon & Corporate/Team Relay (1st Leg) Corner of Grafton St & Queen St
- 8:00 AM Grant Thornton Full Marathon PEI National Park, Brackley
- 8:00 AM Brown's Volkswagen Corporate/Team Relay PEI National Park, Brackley
- 9:00 AM Recharge with Milk Half Marathon Run, Corner of Queen & Grafton St
- 9:00 AM Tim Horton's Half Marathon Walk, Corner of Queen & Grafton St
- 9:00 AM Run With It 10K Run, Corner of Queen & Grafton St
- 9:00 AM Go!PEI 10K Walk, Corner of Queen & Grafton St
- 9:00 AM Goodlife Fitness 5K Run, Corner of Queen & Grafton St
- 9:00 AM Go!PEI 5K Walk, Corner of Queen & Grafton St
- 10:00 AM Spinal Cord Injury 1K Wheelchair Start, Dairy Queen - Univeristy Ave
- 10:45 AM - 2:15 PM Participant Massage, Murphy's Community Center
- 2:30 PM - Paderno Awards Ceremony, Murphy's Community Center
Please note: Race kit pick-up, on-site registration & expo will be at the Murphy Community Centre, 200 Richmond Street, Charlottetown.
Friday, October 14 - 12pm-6pm
Saturday, October 15 - 9am-7pm.
News: All category winners will receive anne & gilbert tickets!
about the pei marathon
The Prince Edward Island Marathon is being held on October 16th. This event provides a welcome boost to tourism during the shoulder season, and is a qualifying event for the Boston Marathon. The PEI Marathon has consistently attracted participants from every Province in Canada, the USA, and internationally to Prince Edward Island. In 2015, 21.6% of the Marathon category participants qualified for the Boston Marathon, a remarkable achievement!
Runners begin at the Brackley entrance in PEI National Park and run along the Gulf Shore Parkway for 4.5 km until just past Covehead Bridge, where they will turn onto the Bayshore Rd and exit the park. They will follow the curve of the lovely Covehead Bay while on the Bayshore Rd. Runners will take a left onto the Eastern Rd. and run until they turn onto Highway 6, meeting up with the previous marathon route. This route has been certified and remains a Boston Marathon qualifier. Maps will be posted on the Marathon website.
Marathoners love the beauty of running through Prince Edward Island National Park while they make their way into Charlottetown. We would like to invite residents along the entire route to come out and cheer participants passing by!
Parking & Traffic Notice
PARKING: There will be NO PARKING signs put in place on Prince Street from Euston St. to King St. to discourage Marathon participants, families, and friends from parking there. Volunteers will be in place along the downtown route to make sure that only churchgoers park near church areas. Parking in no parking zones is at your own risk and you might be towed.
TRAFFIC: Residents and visitors might experience some traffic delays across PEI on Sunday, October 16, due to the number of participants on the roads and highways as we prepare for their safety.
On Sunday Oct. 16, full road closures will be in effect in the following areas:
• Sherwood Road between Brackley Point Rd. and Route #2 from 9 am to 2 pm
• University Ave. between Kirkwood Ave. and Grafton Street from 9 am to 2 pm
• Grafton St. from 2 am to 4 pm to host the finish area and ensure the safety of participants and the general public.
• Gulf Shore Parkway between National Park Brackley entrance to Bayshore Rd turn off from 7:30 am to 9:00 am