GET YOUR TEAM OF 8 TOGETHER FOR THE
Team registration is $500
- Register online through Race Roster
- Download the registration form to fax, email or mail to the PEI Marathon office
The Corporate Relay is a great opportunity to encourage a life of fitness and health amongst your employees, corporate engagement within the community, and of course some healthy competition amongst fellow businesses and teams.
Get your team of 8 – whether co-workers, friends or family – together for Brown’s Volkswagen Corporate/Team Relay. Your team will run the Full Marathon route, from start to finish, in 8 separate legs. Don’t forget… the team that finishes first will also receive a gold medal and engraved trophy for bragging rights!
Date: Sunday, October 15, 2017
Distance of each leg: Leg 1 – 5.5K
Leg 2 – 6.8K
Leg 3 – 6.8K
Leg 4 - 5.9K
Leg 5 – 3.7K
Leg 6 – 2.7K
Leg 7 – 5.6K
Leg 8 – 5.2K
Total Distance: 42.2K
Each of your team members will receive:
- Custom-designed PEI Marathon T-Shirt
- Participant bibs for all team members
- Swanky Finisher’s Medal for each participant on the team
- And of course, bragging rights, plaque, and a great prize for the winning team!
- We will hold a luncheon prior to the event to review the changeover locations and answer any questions your team may have. All Team captains and members are encouraged to attend to learn information about the changeover legs and parking.
- Changes to the 8 legs are made for the safety of all participants and also provide better parking for the teams.
- The first leg runner and last leg runner must ensure they have the proper bib on with the timing chip.
- Team members can join the last leg runner at the corner of Kent Street to cross the finish line together.
- Buses are available to transport the 1st member of your team. Buses leave from the Confederation Centre of the Arts, Queen Street entrance at 7:00am on Sunday, October 15th.
- Teams are responsible for transportation for all other team members.
Teams of 4 to 8 people (from your office or friends or family) will work together to complete a marathon by running or walking the various legs of the relay course. Each of the 8 legs will vary in length from 2.7K up to 7.1K. Team members can choose the one that works best for them. All changeover locations of the Corporate Relay are clearly marked along the marathon Route. The route is open until 2::pm to finish the event.
Leg 1: 5.5K
- Parking at National Park Brackley Complex to drop off. Runners start inside the Brackley Park Entrance and end at Stanhope Beach Resort Entrance. Parking in Stanhope Beach Resort Parking.
Leg 2: 6.8K
- Begins at Stanhope Beach Resort and ends at the Dalvay Park Entrance. Turn onto Stanhope Lane and take Gulf Shore Parkway to Dalvay Entrance. Parking is available along Golf Shore Parkway.
- No Parking on Eastern Road.
Leg 3: 6.8K
- Begins at the National Park Dalvay Entrance and ends head west on the Millcove Road to connect with the Suffolk Road to Leg 4. Parking along Milcove Road.
Leg 4: 5.9K
- Start on Millcove Road, turn right onto Confederation Trail and ends at Suffolk Road at the Trail intersection. Parking available at Trail Head parking lots.
- Please do not blockthe Trail entrance!
Leg 5: 3.7K
- Starts at the intersection at Suffolk Road Trail entrance and ends at York Road trail intersection. Parking available at Trail Head parking lots.
- Please do not block Trail entrance!
Leg 6: 2.7K
- Starts at York Road trail intersection and ends at Union road trail intersection. Parking available at Trail Head parking lots.
- Please do not block the Trail entrance!
Leg 7: 5.6K
- Starts at Union Road trail intersection and ends at Superior Crescent across from Sears entrance. Parking available at Sears parking lot.
Leg 8: 5.2K
- Starts across from Sears entrance and ends at the end of Great George Street at Province House.
Registration deadline is September 30th, 2017